Thursday, January 11, 2007

Today's agenda...

Today, I will be doing a good bit of this: (pic removed)

Yes, painting. Yes, naked.

But not exactly this kind of painting. I'll be doing the more
run-of -the -mill wall painting. Something I had been putting off for too long.

Naked is the only way to paint. It makes the whole damn process more tolerable and for messy painters like me, clean up is a breeze. Just hop in the shower. Course it's much easier to paint this way on the INSIDE of the house.

Interestingly, this was the closest "naked painting" image I could find on ol' Google images that wasn't an actual nude portrait (one thing Google has yet to introduce is the ability to distinguish subtle nuances, such as between "nude" and "naked" for example). Nontheless, it is a guy painting and he happens to be naked while doing so, thus the illustrative requirements I was searching for are satisfactorily met. And strangely coincidentally, the painter is bald. Imagine both my surprise and my glee (a word that gets so little usage these days, but which is so purely fun) over THAT bit of synchronicity. Obviously, this is not my photo. And since I'm not to sure of how Mr. Coombes might feel about making a "guest appearance" here on Cranky Old Fag*, I'll only leave it up for a day. (If it's any consolation to you Mr. Coombes, you have a nice butt.)

What's also curious about this image popping up in my search (and pleasantly so), is that I happen to harbor an ongoing hankering for art. So, natch, I was intrigued and had to pursue this a bit further. First, I found the page from which I "borrowed" the photo. Upon perusing this page a bit, I got more curious...as one does...and had to find out more about Mr. Coombes and his work, which led me here, and here. (Oh man, he is SO easily gonna be able to track me down now...) And you know what, me thinks I'm going to have to go back and read a bit more about him and take a more careful and thoughtful perusal of his painting(s).

But not now.

No.

I have huge expanses of wall awaiting me and I gots to get to it.

No comments: